What is Kids Mode?
Kids Mode is a viewing mode within your account settings that excludes films that may not be appropriate for young children.
- It is found within your account settings and can be toggled on or off.
- This setting is account-wide when enabled. So, when you enable Kids Mode, content inappropriate for young children will be excluded from all CuriosityStream channels, apps, and devices that utilize your CuriosityStream account.
Given the volume and variety of content within our library, and the fact that each subscriber will have different needs for age appropriate content depending on the makeup of their household, we try to restrict as little content as possible from access by all ages.
Kids Mode will filter for:
- Visually explicit violence in recreations such as “Ancient Rome: The Rise And Fall Of An Empire”
- Factual Content with disturbing imagery such as “Annihilation”
- Visually explicit sexual content both in nature and in human interaction such as “Nature’s Weirdest Events” “Pleasure And Pain”.
Factual content, by its very nature, may include ideas, events, concepts, interviews and some images that will not be appropriate for all younger viewers. Ultimately, adult discretion is advised to help your child select content appropriate to his or her age and development level.