CuriosityStream is now operating on a video player that uses intelligent HLS streaming to deliver you the best quality video for your connection with minimal buffering. This player includes keyboard shortcuts you can use when hovering over the video player.
m = mute/unmute
space = pause/resume
left/right arrow keys = seek 5 seconds backwards / forwards
Our video player saves your spot in the video if you leave the page. However, if you've watched less than 5% or greater than 95%, the video player will automatically resume from the beginning assuming you are not watching the entirety of the video or you have already finished watching the program.
How to Refresh Your Browser
If you are experiencing any issues or do not see the video, you may need to “refresh” the page, or even conduct a “hard refresh”.
There are two types of refreshes: a regular refresh and a hard refresh. Since this video player has been recently deployed, a hard refresh may be necessary to clear your browser’s cache for a specific webpage and have it to load the most recent version.
Each browser has a different procedure to perform a hard refresh.
- Hold down Ctrl and click the Reload button. Alternatively, hold down Ctrl and press F5.
- You can also open the Chrome Devl Tools by pressing F12. Then, right click on the refresh button and select “Hard Reload” or “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”.
- Hold the Shift key and click the Reload button. Alternatively, hold down the Cmd and Shift key and then press R.
- Mozilla Firefox and Similar Browsers:
- Hold down Ctrl and press F5. Alternatively, hold down Ctrl and Shift, and then press R.
- Hold down Shift and click the Reload button. Alternatively, hold down Cmd and Shift, and then press R.
- Internet Explorer:
- Hold down Ctrl and press F5. Alternatively, hold Ctrl and click the Refresh button.